'Sup, viewers and readers of Smudge & Things! =]
Please read this awesome list of very interesting facts...and it's all thanks to one of my best friends, Sarah, for sending me it in an e-mail! <33333
- 'Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand...
- And 'lollipop' is the longest word typed with your right hand. (You just tested those out, didn't you? ;] )
- No word int he English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
- The words 'racecar', 'kayak', and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or vice versa (called palindromes).
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious' (you're going a e i o u, right?)
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
- If the populartion of China walked past you, 8 side by side, the line would never end because of the reproduction rate.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- The cruise liner, QE 2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
So thank you so much to Sarah for sending those to me!! Wh00t Wh00t! Think YOU have some interesting facts? Just send them, or anything that you want to share, to my blog e-mail at: email@example.com! Thanks!!
Also, please read my post entitled March for Babies underneath the Julian Beever one. Thank you so much...not just for going to that post, but for just coming to my blog...it means a lot to me! =] But still...go to that post please...Ahhah!